- Fun fact: when moving back to the Michigan from California, I applied to Wayne State as an undergrad. They accepted me (though I ultimately chose to go to UofM-Dearborn,) and apparently assigned me an email – so my Wayne email is under my maiden name. Heh.
- I’ve researched the process of legally changing our name to my maiden name rather than Cariad’s family name, (which he is totally on board with,) and though it looks like a rather annoying process, we’ll likely go through with it in the near future. It amuses me a little to think that one of the primary benefits of this will be that all of my institutionally assigned email addresses will go back to making sense again.
- What a difference a word makes: Average salary for an Administrative Assistant: $34K. Average salary for a Development Assistant? $46K. Now to find someone who will pay me either. I remember talking with Bishop Gibb, I believe, who said something to the effect of ‘being a religious organization doesn’t exempt us from paying market price for skills.’ Sad to say, that is not the prevailing attitude. I realize that economic circumstances create pressure, but it is still frustrating.
- I’ve never been much of a cut flower person, but due to a spate of shall we say ‘resident departures’ we have had a lot of flowers lately. I find myself in a state of flower fatigue – I still like them, but big bunches of them just do NOT do it for me. I currently have a very ikebana arrangement with a leafy thing and two orchid stalks. It is making me quite happy.
- I am being moved to an office with a sign that says Development and Community Relations. Maybe now the residents where I work will have some idea what I’m there for…